Category: eBay News
Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! I went to my aunt’s house for Thanksgiving. Check out her living room. Very nicely decorated…
In other news….
1. Check out this Easy Bake oven sold by blogger Goodwill Haunting! (I used to have a Holly Hobbie oven, but I never had an Easy Bake!)
In her latest blog post, GWH talks about six items she’s sold for quite a profit lately! Some very interesting stuff. Click here to see pics of her most recent scores!
2. Have you used the Global Shipping Program? I haven’t actually used it yet. If you’re using it, be sure to read this update just released by eBay!
3. A few days ago, I was on the Ask Janelle show. We talked about a wide variety of topics including the fact that I recently lost my Top-Rated Seller status….. and what I plan to do about it! If you’re interested in listening to the show, click here!
4. I’ve noticed that a lot of newbies have been reading my blog. If you’re interested in finding out why you should have an eBay store, don’t miss this article by Jason and Bryan of Thrifting With the Boys!
I love hearing about successful eBay sellers and so does everyone else! If you’d like to be featured, write up your story, and I’ll post it! Click here to get an idea of what I’m looking for!
FYI: It’s Thanksgiving week, and I’m on vacation, so I’ll have more time to post. Check out this cool “Don Featherstone” Thanksgiving set. (As I was perusing the completed listings for Thanksgiving items, I noticed other Don Featherstone products. BOLO! (Be on the Lookout!) because the set pictured above sold for over $200!
In other eBay-related news….
1. Don’t miss the Stamps.com holiday shipping guide. The guide covers the following topics:
• Five Tips for Holiday Shipping
• Secrets to Saving Money With Priority Mail
• Getting Started With International Shipping
• Three Ways to Improve Return Shipping
• USPS Holiday Shipping Deadlines
The more you know, the more you’ll make, so be sure to click here to check it out!
2. Interested in meeting other eBayers? Join an eBay group in your area or start one of your own! Click here to read all about it!
3. The eBay Scavengers posted a new episode! Yay! Here’s a synopsis of the show:
“This week we thought we’d talk more about how we approach our eBay store to make a full-time living. We sell used items that we buy at thrift stores, yard sales, auctions, and even dumpster diving. But this isn’t new info. We’ve been scanning the multiple eBay blogs and Youtube channels where everyone talks about how much money can be made from “flipping” items. Must be easy, right?”
To listen to this episode, click here.
I don’t have to work this week, so I’ll be posting more frequently. Stay tuned!
We’re finally climbing out of the slump we’ve been in for a few months. Spring was fabulous. Then, all of a sudden, things came to a screeching halt. (Well, not really. I’m exaggerating.) But sales have been slow for quite some time, so we’re happy to welcome back the customers!
Yes, sales have been great lately, but I just peeked at our dashboard and noticed that we’ve lost our Top-Rated Seller (TRS) status. Dang! Too many low “item as described” DSRs. (That’s one of the drawbacks of having other people list your products.) Oh well. That’s how it goes. I consider it a growing pain. We’re just going to have to work smarter.
I’m busy, busy, busy, so I’ve got to go. But before I do, I wanted to make sure you knew about the following educational opportunities:
1. Don’t miss Suzanne Wells’ latest episode of You Sold What on eBay? This time, Suzanne is talkin’ trash!
2. After you listen to the podcast, take a peek at the latest episode of Shark Tank!
3. And finally, don’t miss Mr. Customer Service on the Ask Janelle show. Tim talks all about his latest finds!
Have a great night!
Yard sales this weekend were insane! Tons of Christmas decorations, name brand clothing, gifts, appliances….we even purchased a gas fireplace for the one-bedroom we’re remodeling. That saved us about $1,100! (No joke!) To top it off, I attended a yard sale on Veteran’s Day. It was a one-day sale with a wide variety of quality items. The lady hosting the sale must have had the day off. I never see Monday sales!
Some eBay news for ya….
1. Suzanne Wells just posted a story about a woman she’s coaching who set up a clothing boutique in her basement. I would love to have a basement! Click here to read.
2. Don’t miss the replay of the most recent class offered by Topratedsellerwebinars. It’s all about taking better photographs!!
3. I was listening to eBay Radio, and I heard some important news about the listing tool Blackthorne. Blackthorne will be retired on September 30, 2014. If you’re currently using it to list items, you will want to find a new program.
That’s it for now! Our sales are looking up! How are sales in your neck of the woods?
Last week, Oprah Winfrey decided to have a yard sale! Well, kind of. Check it out!
A long, long time ago, I scheduled an appointment with an eBay rep who helped me improve my store! Well, eBay is offering these appointments again! Just saw someone on Facebook post some info about this topic. If you are a PowerSeller, store owner, or Top-rated Seller, click here to sign up!
I also wanted to remind people to be on the lookout for abalone shells. Found this shell in the Danni App Facebook group. (And as far as I can tell, it is legal to sell abalone shells. Some people have asked about this.) This particular shell sold for…
Click here to see the completed listings for abalone shells!
Finally, don’t miss eBay Radio today at 11 AM PST. If you can’t listen to it live, check out the archives later tonight.
Have you started listing those ugly Christmas sweaters? Check out this beauty we currently have for sale! (If I remember correctly, it has puffy paint accents.) Click here to see the completed listings for the keywords “ugly Christmas sweater.”
FYI: Don’t miss the holiday selling workshop being offered by eBay this Thursday. Click here to register!
Did you know that today is a postal holiday? I was listening to Ask the Danni App last night, and she happened to mention it. Today is Columbus Day! So relax, make yourself some coffee, and read the paper. Your postal guy or gal won’t be coming by anytime soon!
Is anyone having a problem seeing or uploading pictures on the eBay website? I am! eBay knows about the problem and is trying to fix it. Hope it gets fixed soon! In the meantime, I’m uploading a picture of my new kitten, Tu. He and Johnny are just waiting for the problem to be fixed…..
Last week, our Internet died. We didn’t have Internet for five whole days. We have a backup called the iPhone. We’ve used it as a hot spot when we’ve had problems in the past. As luck would have it, my practically brand new iPhone died almost the same day the Internet crashed. Aaaaaaaaahhhhh!
After five days, we’re finally up and running again. This weekend, I had to print out postage at FedEx and use Johnny’s iPhone4 to figure out who had ordered what. His provider is Virgin Mobile. In Chico, Virgin Mobile is about a fast as dialup. No joke! (Must be our area or something.) Believe or not, I was able to get out 50 packages using this method. Quite a feat.
Thank goodness that nightmare is over! On the bright side, sales have been crazy! I think the buyers were taunting me! But I’m not complaining. In fact, I’m smiling just like the Alice in Wonderland Chesire Cat hat Bobbie Bushey purchased for a few bucks and sold for almost $50. She posted it to the Score Board. So watch out for those costumes. Halloween is almost here!
In other news…..
1. The Shark Tank season finale will air this Friday, September 20, 2013, at 9/8 C on ABC. If you’re an entrepreneur, you’ll want to watch . It’s super fun!
2. If you’re interested in making a ton more money than you’re making now, don’t miss my class this Friday at 11 Pacific on the Unite website. It’s all about hiring employees. Over the last 12 months, I averaged about $16,000 in sales per month. My profits have more than doubled. If you’re interested in checking out the class, click here to register and save a spot!